Sunday 5 April 2009

Video Games As Art - Nintendo Style



I got my hands on a Nintendo DSi last friday and found an interesting title on the new DSi-ware download service. Art Style: Azurio is part of Nintendo's series of "Art Style" games (an evolution of the "Bit Generations" series on Game Boy Advance). Essentially its a take on Panel De Pon (Planet Puzzle League in the west) although explaining the gameplay leaves me at a loss ...erm.... ok! you line up colored blocks works best. The game has a really nice clean underwater style which I'm finding quite relaxing, which is good for a puzzle game!

Anyway take a look at the video below! (thanks' ign.com). If anyones interested in taking a look at more title in the art style series (some are on Wii-ware too) have a search for the following.
  • Orbient
  • Rotohex
  • Cubello
  • Decode
  • Picopict
  • Somnium
  • Hacolife
  • Nalaku


See you all soon, Christopher

1 comment:

  1. I like the look of these, bought a Dsi on Friday and downloaded one of them. I like the look of them, but not seen much of the others yet apart from the videos, so will have to check them out

    ReplyDelete